Spiritual Growth Tips for Busy Moms
Spiritual Growth Tips for Busy Moms
As a mom, time is a precious commodity, and having a weekly routine and plan can be incredibly helpful in ensuring you prioritize what matters most to you, including your spiritual well-being. Of course, being a mom is unpredictable and often dependent on your children’s needs. However, having a basic guideline can help you be more organized and dedicated to fitting in spiritual time, even if it’s just a few minutes a day. Ultimately, investing in your spiritual health will benefit both, you and your family in the long run.
Here are 9 Tips for Spiritual Growth for Busy Moms:
1. Start small: Even if you only have a few minutes a day, take advantage of that time to pray, meditate, or read a Bible verse. Consistency is key, so try to make it a daily habit.
2. Make a to-do list: writing down and prioritizing tasks can help you stay organized and focused on what’s important. Make a list of spiritually what you would like to focus on that week. Maybe you want to work on having more patience, for example. Make that your topic of focus for the week when reading Bible verses.
3. Get creative: Find ways to incorporate a piece of God into your daily routine. This could mean listening to uplifting Christian music while doing household chores or reciting positive Godly affirmations during your drives like who God says You are. A woman who knows her identity in God is a force to be reckoned with!
4. Join a community: Being a part of a Godly community can provide support and encouragement on your journey. Look for local groups or online communities that provide support and relate to what you are going through.
5. Take care of yourself: As a busy mom, it’s easy to put your own needs last. However, taking care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally can help you better connect with yourself spiritually. A part of taking care of yourself is learning to say no. Say no when necessary so you can prioritize your time and focus on what truly matters.
6. Spend time in prayer: set aside a few minutes each day to talk to God, express gratitude, and ask for guidance. Remember to set aside distractions and focus on your connection with God during this time. Taking time to pray can be a powerful way to connect with God and acquire clarity and serenity in your life.
7. Practice gratitude: take time each day to reflect on the blessings in your life and thank God for them.
8. Serve others: find ways to help those in need, whether it’s through volunteering, donating, or simply showing kindness to those around you. Serving others can help you feel closer to God and live out your faith in valuable ways.
9. Read the Bible: try to read a few verses or a chapter each day, and reflect on what you’ve read.
Remember, investing in your spiritual health can have a positive impact not only on yourself but on your family as well. Don’t be afraid to prioritize this aspect of your life, even if it means making some adjustments to your routine.
As a mom, it can be tough to find time for spiritual practices like reading the Bible. But with a few simple tips, it’s possible to make this a regular part of your routine. Try waking up a little earlier to fit in some reading time, or set a reminder in your calendar to hold yourself accountable. Make the most of downtime, like waiting in line or sitting in the carpool line, by reading a few verses or a chapter.
Don’t have the time to read a lot of the Bible?
Keep in mind, it’s not about how much you read, but about the consistency and intentionality of the practice. So don’t be too hard on yourself if you miss a day – just keep going, and you’ll find that every little bit counts.
Spending time with God will make you all around more present and in a better state for your kids and family. One of the best things you can do for your family is be where you need to be with God, always trusting Him and relying on His guidance. As a mom, there is nothing more important that you can model for your kids than showing the importance of making time for God. We won’t always be here to guide our little ones, but He will.
Always encourage them to rely fully on God no matter what is going on around them. Chaos will always exist in life. But God will be the calmness in the middle of the storm that will never fail them.
Healing the Soul of a Woman
Overcoming Every Problem: 40 Promises from God’s Word to Strengthen You Through Life’s Greatest Challenges
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links it won’t cost you anything extra, but we’ll get a small commission to help keep the lights on. We are reader funded. As an Amazon Associate I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases.
Sign up for our Newsletter before you go!
You may also enjoy…
Check out our Social Media and follow to stay up to date and see some regular inspiration.
Donations can be mailed or sent via CashApp
Have a suggestion?
Suggestions for a devotional or prayer topic can be submitted here!
Submit your Prayer Request if you would like to have us praying for you and your loved ones. Don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter on the right at the top widget on desktop, or below this post on mobile!